Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Self reflection

1. How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?
For myself I felt confident and ready to ace the presentation. For my group I was unsure because the quality of the slides and the depth of the content was iffy.

2. How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?
I was confident in myself yet unsure about my whole group. I was really hoping that my group came together and did well in front of the 8th graders. I felt this way because my group members hadn’t proven to me that we we’re going to do well.

3. How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?
At first when I lost my whole train of thought, I was embarrassed in the best way possible. But when I went back to get my paper, I knew I was going to do very well. I kept thinking about how my dad paces the room and how he projects his voice. I just wanted to copy how my dad does it. I felt this way because I am confident in myself.

4. What did I personally do well?
I projected my voice very well. I paced the room properly and didn’t fumble my words. I was confident in myself and I could tell all the kids could see that.

5. What did not go as desired in this presentation?
 My group members didn’t really use their technology as planned. I don’t think we delivered the content as well as we could have. Some of my group members didn’t really believe that we could do well at all and you could see the lack of confidence in her voice.

6. On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content?   I got the overview of all the content just not the nooks and crannies.

7. How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this? I think they viewed me as just another group member. I think they were unsure what I was made of and what I was going to deliver. But when I delivered I think they were satisfied with the quality of what I had done.

8. How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this? They perceived me as a solid public speaker who knows what he is doing, and is confident in himself.
9. Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience? I think I would have spoken up about how the jobs were split up. The whole meat of the presentation relied on Brandt and Nick. That was unfair. I would have spoken up except that they would perceive me as being bossy. We needed 3 or 4 people doing the meat and one doing the intro and the conclusion.
10. What are my strengths in groups? I am a great public speaker and a big picture ideas person. I can see how our presentaion is going from the outside in while most kids see it from the inside out.
11. What areas do I need improvement?
I need to learn how to get along better with some kids and just accept the direction in which our group is going.
13. What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important? I learned that I am a good public speaker who can contribute in more than just that.
14. Are there any other things that I need to express? No

No comments:

Post a Comment